Olivia.


My blog is more than a fashion blog, but also a toast to the things that us human beings have to endure - and also celebrate.

When I created this little top, things were a bit difficult for *LX*. I lost my hard drive, and with it, all of the designs I had created over the year and a half that I have been working on them.

This happens to everyone at least once in their life, I think. But it is how you handle the things that happen which makes all the difference at the end.

In starting over, which is really what is happening now, I created this top called Olivia. Where did it come from? It is a silly story about something that happened to me in the real world when I was a teenager. I was hanging out at one of my favourite parks in NYC when I was in secondary school - out of season. The Meadow, as we called it, did not open until spring, and it was a warmer than usual February afternoon.

We hopped the fence and sat under our most loved tree, when a group of cops came at us out of nowhere. We were being bad kids - drinking and smoking, listening to our favourite tunes on a little radio... Not a care in the world... Until they showed up.

We all went running for the fence. I was the clumsiest of the lot, so I needed more time than usual to climb - I actually had to pay close attention to what I was doing. When not being allowed to do that, my long, flowing Bohemian style skirt ripped so badly that I had to hug it to myself while getting to my friend's apartment.

Needless to say that my top had coffee all over it as well, since as always, I refused to part with my cup even through an emergency.

I had another engagement after that, in the evening. It was nothing fancy, but important enough that I had to go. At the time I was living a little further out of Manhattan than normally, so I did not have time to go home and change. I had a spare pair of pants in my bag (who knows why) but no shirt, and my friend and I wore radically different sizes, so none of her things fit me.

However, she did have a sewing machine, and I did use one regularly, so in about 30 minutes, I turned my beloved skirt into a top similar to the one I designed, and went to my event happily, ending up listening to some of the most amazing classical music that I have yet to hear that wonderfully.

Olivia will be available for the Mesh Body Addicts Fair- *LX* is participating for its third year in a row. The coordinating bottom to complete the set will be coming soon, since the fair opens tomorrow and I need to get it out.

Top: *LX* Olivia Floral Set 1 - Fitted for Lara, HG, Physique, Isis, and Freya. At The Mesh Body Addicts Fair
Capris: *LX* Spring Capris: Available at The Mesh Body Addicts Fair for half price

Body: Maitreya Lara

Head: Catwa Catya

Skin: Glam affair BETH, available at Epiphany - Europa with lipstick 5

Hair: Take Flight by Magika

<3 *LX*

Comments

Popular Posts